Hello and welcome to The Clear-Minded Creative, thanks for stopping by 🙂
I’ll be posting new content here every week starting from January 2011. But before we start, you probably want to know what the blog is all about – well if you answer yes to any of the following questions then this is probably the blog for you.
- Confused about what you want to do with your life?
- Desperate to be more creative, but struggle to find the time?
- Forever trying new things but never spending enough time on one thing to get really good at it?
- Unable to find a job that you enjoy and truly motivates you?
- Stuck in a destructive loop of procrastination and “analysis paralysis” as you flounder from one day to the next in a drunken, confused haze?
Glad it’s not just me then.
And it’s my guess that a lot of people feel the same way as us – but that most aren’t willing to face up to it or take the genuinely difficult steps needed to get themselves out of their personal, creative and career rut.
Some time ago I started facing up to the issues that were making me miserable. I’ve done a lot of work on trying to improve things. Have I reached the summit of my own personal Mount Kilimanjaro? Nope.
But through dealing with these things I’ve managed to improve a lot about my life:
- I’ve managed to get a job working with the web and digital communications which is one of my interests.
- I’m now writing every single day whereas before, despite calling myself a writer, I could go for weeks without typing anything other than emails and Facebook updates.
- And I’ve discovered a whole army of likeminded people online who have inspired me to greater things, and who I think you’ll want to know about.
So I hope you’ll join me on this journey, whether you’re a little way behind me or way ahead – because I think we can learn from, and help each other. I’m not positioning myself as an expert here, but I am hoping to have some great conversations amongst creative people and to share what I learn along the way as I strive, each and every day, to be a clear-minded creative.
To be notified when the site is properly live, please sign up to the free newsletter, or subscribe by RSS or email. Alternatively why not say hello on Twitter.
Image – I’m Starting to Crack by Nina Matthews Photography
8 replies on “Welcome to The Clear-Minded Creative”
Awesomeness, looking fwd to reading more!
Thanks Nicole, I appreciate the support 🙂
Always nice to have more blogs in the creative thinking arena! It’s been hard to find others so I’m glad you’re in, Milo.
I can’t wait!
Many thanks Bon, I can’t wait to get started either!
btw I think I might print out your guide to surviving New Year’s Eve and have it stapled to my shirt 😉
All the best with the new blog, Milo. It’s an excellent idea, and I’m looking forward to reading it. And it’s in my Google Reader already 🙂
Cheers Baxter, glad you approve – and delighted that you’ve been able to subscribe as I had some teething problems with Feedburner earlier today!
As someone actively engaged in burning up all my free time on creative pursuits that earn me no money whatsoever, this blog seems like it will have some great advice for me!
Congrats on the new venture Milo.
Cheers Bram – great to hear from you! I’ll certainly try my best to help, I’m still learning myself but I’ll share what I find out here!
p.s. Weaponizer looks to be a very cool website, loving the logo.